Each school is allocated money from the Government to make improvements to the quality of PE and sport in their school. We love our sport at St James’ and we really wanted to enter more competitions, and to do well in them, so have used our Sports Premium Grant to:
- Fund more time with our School Sports Coach Terri so we can train in different sports and enter more competitions in a wider variety of sports, especially the school games organised by Active Tameside.
- Fund the equivalent of two afternoons a week so Mr Partridge can train us, particularly in football and cricket, and take us to more sporting events, especially those organised by the Tameside Catholic Schools Sports Association and the local FA (league and cup)
- Fund transport to enable us to attend bigger events such as the TCSSA Cross Country and Active Tameside Cheerfest as we don’t have many parents with cars.
- Pay for resources such as a new kit and new goalposts and to have our pitch marked correctly for the new sports.
- Pay for Little Bikers training for our Reception Class.
This year our Sports Premium Allocation has been £17,380
We have entered more competitions and been more successful at sport since the introduction of the sports premium grant. Please see our sports pages for our recent successes.
Click here for more information on The Sports Premium Grant https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pe-and-sport-premium-for-primary-schools